Warts Removal / Electrocautery
The warts commonly seen on the skin are caused by a viral infection. The culprit is one of the HPVs (human papillomaviruses) that can be spread from person to person or be acquired through contact with a contaminated surface.
What are the types of warts:
* There is the familiar type of dome-shaped warts on the backs of fingers, toes, and knees.
* Plantar warts – are found on the bottom of the foot. (The “plantar” part of the foot. These are not “Planter’s warts.”)
* Flat (“plane”) warts may arise on the face, legs, and other parts of the body, often in large numbers.
* Periungual warts are warts around or under the nail.
* Filiform warts typically appear as a single long stalk, often on the face.
Skin tags are one such skin abnormality, and they are also very common. Skin tags – small portions of skin that appear to be attached to or protrude from normal skin – are a common benign condition of the skin. Usually just a few millimeters in diameter, skin tags vary in appearance. Some are the same color as surrounding skin while others are hyperpigmented (darker than surrounding skin). In most cases, they are attached to the underlying skin by a small band of tissue called a stalk or peduncle. Skin tags can occur almost anywhere on the body where there is skin. However, the top two favorite areas for skin tags are the neck and armpits. Other areas include the eyelids, upper chest (particularly under the female breasts), buttock folds, and groin folds. Tags are typically thought to occur in characteristic friction locations where skin rubs against skin or clothing. Treatment for Warts/ skin tags:
Application of a topical anesthesia cream prior to the procedure may be desirable in areas where there are a large number of tags.Burn warts/ tags using electric cautery or Hyfrecator.